I have been a part of the triathlon, running and cycling worlds since 1993. Before that, I was a competitive swimmer. I raced as a junior & U23 elite triathlete before severe over-training & disordered eating led to a diagnosis with chronic fatigue Syndrome, which cut my athletic career short. I won several elite junior national titles in triathlon and cycling, raced at an international level since I was 15 years old, taking part in European Youth Cup races, European Junior Championships, Mountain Running World championships and various ITU pro races. I competed in hundreds of races, ranging from sprint triathlons to Half Ironman triathlons, in addition to national and international cycling and running events.
In 2005, I graduated with a sport coaching and science degree (Canterbury University/Christchurch College of education in Christchurch, NZ). My thesis measured the impact manipulating seat tube angle on athletes’ bikes has on VO2max, power output and threshold. I continued my studies in the area of sports nutrition and in 2009, I graduates with the prestigious & internationally recognized IOC post graduate diploma in sport nutrition.
I grew up in Israel, studied in New Zealand and now live in Canada, where I started PT Performance Training in July 2006. While my coaching involvement started far before then, I started working as a bike fitter at the beginning of 2006. I have worked in various fitting environments: bike shops, physiotherapy clinic and private studio.I currently split my time between a bike shop and an integrated sport science facility.
I have been very fortunate to work with notable elite athletes including (but not limited to): ITU and Ironman pro Andrew Russell, Ironman pro Dylan Gleeson, 4 time Olympian & 2 time medalist Simon Whitfield, Olympians Lauren Groves, Kyle Jones, Paula Findlay, Sarah-Anne Brault, Andrew Yorke & Kirsten Sweetland, Olympic medalists Georgia Simmerling & Laura Brown, pro cyclist Annie Ewart, commonwealth games team member Matt Sharpe and U23 medalist Ellen Pennock.
My fitting volume is quite high, with ~350 bike fits in 2015 and ~400 bike fits in 2016 alone. Whatever your issues on the bike are - there is a very good chance I have seen (and helped) those before!
- Canterbury University, Christchurch, NZ (2005): Bachelor of Sport Coaching & Science, specializing in performance physiology & biomechanics
- IOC: Post Graduate Diploma Sports Nutrition (2009)
- ISAK level I: International Society of the Advancement of Kinanthropometry
- NCCP introduction to competition
- Triathlon Canada Performance coaching stream (competition development, in training)
- 18+ years coaching experience in various endurance sports, working with kids, junior, age group and high performance development levels.
- 11+ years experience bike fitting Olympians, national champions, professional athletes and other athletes of all ability levels
- Triathlon Canada senior squad technical swimming coach
- 7+ years experience as a sport nutritionist
- Camosun College: Nutrition for sport & fitness lecturer